Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finals, packing and nostalgy...

The first half of the Parisian Adventure will be over next Friday morning, when I'll be heading to the airport to fly back to DC. For a month, only, but still, I have the feeling something is over and I dread a little bit the moment when I'll be leaving Paris for real.
I guess this semester I focused on settling down and working with the big changes (starting college, living on my own for the first time, living in a foreign country... dealing with broken lightbulbs), not to mention the huuuuuge workload that comes with being an NYU student (Columbia kids, seriously, don't you say a word), rather than taking risks and playing it adventurous. As much as I've wandered outside Paris this semester, I intend to hop around in Europe next Spring, with my must-sees being London, Athens, Rome, Berlin..... and maybe some formerly-communist, Eastern-European capital. Maybe I'll even make it to Moscow...
As for conclusions, I do intend to blog more regularly (hard enough... now for example, huuuge guilt because I am supposed to 1) be producing finals flashcards at a rate of 193/second, 2) be preparing my place for a fríend's cousin who will be staying there while I'm in DC, 3) be doing laundry and figure out what to pack....

I guess you'll hear of me next Thursday, whereas I'll be freaking out about my possible grade on Political Theory final exam, getting ready for Swan Lake at Opera Bastille, and getting my suitcase ready for the next day whereas I'm trying to find a hairstyle that will stay fresh after 7 or 8 hours of flight and God knows how much waiting in line in airports. I'm thinking wavy curls, now that my hair is getting longer...



Sur ce, dear readers, off I am!
A bientôt,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment